It turned out that there could be two champions in the country at the same time. In 1991, the Federation decided to return to the European tournament format. After 5 seasons 2 championships were held again, only now they were called differently – Apertura and Clausura.
In 2012, the final match where the absolute champion was determined was added, but this innovation did not last long. In 2015, the championship suffered another change, which existed for one season. Surely the Federation will continue to look for the best model, although why, if you can return to the standard circular format.
Most titled clubs:
▪ River Plate. – 35 🏆 wins;
▪ Boca Juniors – 26 🏆 wins;
▪ Independiente – 14 🏆 wins;
▪ San Lorenzo – 12 🏆 wins.
26 teams participate in the drawing. Each team meets the other 25 teams in a round-robin tournament.
Why bet on Argentina Primera Division?
1. Individual league members may fall out during the season, but the odds for underdogs are still low. As a rule, they are in the region of 5.00-7.00, but sometimes there are biased values, when the odds on an obvious outsider are about the same as on one of the tournament leaders. It is quite possible that this is caused by possible agreements, but there is no actual evidence of this.
2. In Argentina, fans traditionally organise strong support in the stands. In the league there are mainly home teams, earning the main number of points on their own field.
3. Some clubs represent the country in the international arena and they have to fight on two fronts. Heavy confrontation in the Libertadores Cup or the South American Cup takes a lot of strength and energy, so the teams can show weak football in the Primera Division.
4. The bookies offer an extensive list for matches of the tournament, so you can use a variety of markets – there is something to choose from. At one event, their number reaches 100-150 in ordinary encounters.
Bets on Argentina Football Tournament Winner
There are several legendary teams in the country, but the struggle for the championship is unpredictable. In the last seasons, 8 clubs took the gold medals, and the last time a team won 3 times in a row is dated 1996-1997 – it was River Plate.
Basically, this trend is due to the fact that after high results in the tournament, the leading players of the team go to the leading clubs in Europe.
This is a suitable tournament for betting, however it is undeservedly not in demand among bettors. Actual information about Primera Division is published in Spanish. Therefore, for a timely and versatile analysis, you will have to learn a little language or at least learn how to use a translator.